Monday, September 13, 2010

What if the Lord had not been on our side?

David asks this question in Psalm 124:1. It's interesting, and scary, to think about. Where would I be? Would I even be here still? I shudder when I think of some of the very foolish and dangerous things I have done in the past...positions I have placed myself in when I was following my flesh more than I was the Lord. And, the truth of the matter is...I really have no clue how many times the Lord has saved my butt... What if He hadn't have been on my side? What if, even just once, He decided to give me the true justice I DESERVED.

"The Lord is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. He will not constantly accuse us, nor remain angry forever. He does not punish us for all our sins; He does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve." - Psalm 103: 8-10

Thank the Lord we aren't all getting what we actually deserve for our behaviors/actions! I don't want to even consider what life would be like if He wasn't on our side...

It's good to reflect upon where the Lord has brought us from, what He's brought us through and what He's taking us to. Because, the Lord being on our side doesn't only mean we've escaped "punishment" we are deservant of...it also means we have been granted Grace, Mercy, Compassion, Love, Riches, Glory, Annointing, Gifts, etc...that we aren't worthy of. It's because of His love for us, and because He's on our side, that he bestows upon us these wonderful blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment