Caleb is 10 months old now! I can't believe how fast time has flown by! I'm especially in awe lately as I've taken a babysitting job for a 3 months old little boy in my neighborhood...it's a reminder of how far Caleb has come from those days. It's amazing how much a little life changes in that first year!
Caleb is a very active little man, pulling himself up on everything and even pushing his walker around in the living room. It's only a matter of time before this little guy is walking...but, of course, everything on his terms!
I'm really not certain how much he weighs or how tall he is...and we don't go back to the doctor until his 1 year check up. He wears 12-18 months bottoms and 18-24 months tops. He's still got 6 teeth...but we suspect more are on their way soon by the fact that he's forever got his hand crammed in his mouth!
He says 'da-da' and does a LOT of babbling, but nothing that sounds like any words we are familiar with! He entertains himself very well, just scooting around the living room, looking outside, getting into everything! He claps, and has done a 'ify' wave once or twice.
He has a pleasant demeanor most of the time and is very smiley and happy. He still tolerates being over-tired well...which is nice since he fights nap time like the plague!
Matt and I have been busy "planning" his first birthday party. We've decided that we will do it here at the house, and pray for good weather so we can have everyone in the backyard! We'll do a fall/harvest theme and have the menu pretty much planned. It should be a good time! I'm getting excited thinking about it....it's still a couple months off though! :) We also have his "Halloween" costume picked out...I just need to order it. I say "Halloween" because I'm not thrilled about that holiday...but our church does a fun harvest party and the kids all dress up and play games and get candy...so, that's primarily what the costume is for.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
As far as my eating/working out/weight loss update goes: We're at a bit of a standstill...but, I'm not too disappointed.
I've done a good job of maintaining my eating habits...with a few exceptions.
We had family in town in mid-August...which meant a lot of meals together and eating a bit more...but I did really good through it all. It's when my menstrual cycle began that I kinda "lost it"...and I gained a bit of weight back. (I supposed I should have said that I was down a total of 20 lbs).
After the "week of hormones", I was back on track and quickly was back down to what I should be. So...now, I'm just maintaining. I know I need to add exercise into the regimen....that will make a huge difference for sure! But, at this point I'm just happy to be maintaining with the diet!
I know the rest will come...
No comments:
Post a Comment