Monday, September 13, 2010

New kicks

Caleb got his very first pair of shoes this weekend....size 5W! We went to Striderite and were in and out in like 10 min. When you're that small, the selection isn't all that vast....plus, that's pretty much what we went to the mall for. We had done a bit of homework before going, so...it was just a matter of finding the right size and paying. I was a bit floored, however, when the nice saleswoman informed me that I need to have his foot measured every 2-3 months until he's 2 because that's how much his foot will be changing! Woah! I don't know why I was so surprised, considering how much he's grown and changed....but, to hear it laid out like that was kinda like a sock in the gut!

I've begun the invitations for his party...I would like to get them all made up this week so I can get them sent out the first of October....which is approaching rapidly and will be here before I know it! It's just best for me to keep a few steps ahead!
Maybe I can find some cool ideas of 'decor' that I can make inexpensively....then I won't have to buy a lot of stuff. I need to find a tree that's dropping acorns...

Matt will be starting an outage here shortly...one in which he will be working nights. I'm not looking forward to that...I hate outages as it is, but especially when he's working nights. He's basicly out of commission for those weeks... Oh well, it's a job and we're blessed he has it and the OT will be some nice extra cash which is needed so I won't complain...too much. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment