Wednesday, September 15, 2010

God has ALWAYS been there!

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous-how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." - Psalm 139: 13-16

I know when my birthday is, of course...the day I left my mother's womb and entered the world. However, I'm not exactly sure when it was I began to exist. I don't really know when my "conception day" is! I'm sure very few of us know. Even if our parents know the day they joined to make us...no one really knows when it was that the sperm met the egg.

Psalm 139 says that God was there, watching. That He knit us together. In my mind see the Lord's gentle hands guiding a very special and chosen sperm to the egg. I don't see anything happening "by chance" or accident. I literally can see Him taking and joining the egg and sperm and knitting them together...and then sitting back and watching with complete joy and love as the cells begin to divide over and over. I see Him sitting there and watching the ENTIRE process for the whole 9 months that we live, growing, in our mother's womb...with a love and pride that only a Father can have.

In nursing school we did an entire rotation in maternal/child (OB/Labor and Delivery/Post Partum). It was my favorite....but, I didn't realize it at the time. (That's a whole other post!) It was during this rotation, as I learned in great detail all the things that have to come into alignment in order for a baby to be made, that I really began to understand the MIRACLE that is every child. And, ultimately, the miracle that every individual is on this planet. It's easy to lose sight of with people getting pregnant unwantingly, "babies having babies", abortions taking place, women on welfare with multiple kids, etc....and then the flip side, more and more couples facing infertility. It would appear that some women are just more fertile than others...and, in all that, it's easy to only look at the science aspect and forget the Lord's role in it all.

I don't mean to discredit science. I believe that's the way God designed it. And, as you really break down the science of it...in my opinion, you can't help give credit to the divine. When you look at the hormone levels that have to rise and fall and ovulation and all the things that have to take place in a woman...in order for her to ovulate. Not to mention compatibility of the man with the woman, in terms of fluid. Then you have to factor in timing... And then when you step back and look at this very, VERY small window that conception is possible...you have to wonder how ANY babies are EVER made!

It was as the Lord really spoke to my heart about all this that I came to the realization that, truly, He is there for EVERY child's conception. There are no accidents... YOU may not have intended to get pregnant, but God had a different idea...and He wanted that child, made that child, and gave that child to you. There is a lot I still don't understand...for some women getting pregnant is easy and they have to really be careful is they aren't ready for, or don't want to add to their family. And for others pregnancy is difficult...they have to jump through hoops, and they still may not achieve their goal. But, the fact still remains....God is in it all. His plan is perfect, He sees all and knows all.

My heart is warmed and I feel special knowing...God has been there since the very beginning. He hung out, watching over me lovingly. In my mind, talking to me about what my life would be like...breathing into me hopes and dreams, things that I have always taken for granted. Like my desire and passion for singing/music....I imagine in those days, weeks, months...God was placing those giftings in me as I grew. So, it's always been there...always been a part of me.

He really is our daddy....He kept careful watch over His precious package. Much as a new parent does when they first bring their baby home...they watch them sleep and breath and just stay close in case their baby needs anything. The keep them close by the bed at night so they can respond quickly. The wrap them tight and hold them close to help the baby feel secure. So did our Father do with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment